Saturday, July 25, 2015

THE BEETLE COLONY WAS A BIT CHILLY - AC IS WONDERFUL WHEN IT'S HOT

Bugs really do not like air conditioning if the temps drop to under 65 degrees.

The cover over my vent slipped and my little room was less than warm. The beetle herd came out for their drink but then the critters were in a huddle when I put the deer skull in the containment box.

I put the cover back and and closed the door so my little bug room would warm up. It is quite strange when the summer heat feels like chilly fall. Those bugs were obviously huddled...I came back in an hour and all was well in the bug house and the skull and jaw were covered in larvae

I told the clean up crew to get busy and get the job done. My herd of bugs are so interesting and I have developed a fondness for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment