Sunday, July 5, 2015

HOUSE CLEANING A DERMESTIÐ COLONY

Cleaning a Bug's house is a pain! 

There is no fast, or easy way to do this job and everyone I read about puts it off as long as possible. The chore is like cleaning the frig......only do it when you can't get any more things into it or it smells like something died in it.

I never go fast because if you do you'll will throw away a LOT of small larvae. I grew those things and don't want to toss any little bone cleaners away. With the adults reaching maturity there should be a big jump in numbers. We'll look to advertise one complete colony soon and another in about two months. By then they should clean a head in two or three days.

Another thought.....and yes my thoughts do jump around!

This past 2 years I've been making notes on bugs, and I finally filled my 7th notebook. There is so many interesting things to learn...if you are curious and enjoy digging.

We also got all the parts to start assembling the ventilation
system - three colonies linked into a low flow system. No odors, no humidity problems. The Dermestid  beetles will be so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment