Friday, January 22, 2016

Beetles, Bones and art

Beetles, skulls and bones - Art and Jewelry? YES!!

Most of my posts have been about beetles and taxidermy but beetles doesn't have to be about euro style mounts.

Dermestids can be about cleaning bones and skulls to make jewlery and art.

I'm not talking about clunky, grotesque things but beautiful pieces that look like carved ivory. 

Bones can be carved into bold bracelets and necklaces or into small delicate charms.
 Full skulls can be painted or etched to become artwork that is absolutely stunning.  Please visit Etsey or check out Pinterest page Dermestid Beetles - To bare bones. I have been finding items and ideas that appeal to the artist in me and I think many others would love them. 

Having a small colony of dermestids would allow a budding bone artist to clean their own bones or skulls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment